MESSAGE FROM IIW PRESIDENT
Zenaida Zeny Y. Farcon
International Inner Wheel President 2022-23
Another pandemic year has passed, and it is very pleasing to note that our Inner Wheel members in India have successfully fulfilled their mission to bring about change in the lives of those in need. Felicitations to the Pink First National Board led by its National President, SAROJ KATIYAR. You all have hurdled the volatile, uncertain, complex, and ambiguous times by excellently showing our members how to act with vision, understanding, clarity, and agility. Notwithstanding the obstacles such as distance and, of course, the threat of the virus, you bravely went on missions to show those who are disadvantaged that women like us care for them.
As we begin another season of selfless service to humanity, wish all the best to the equally courageous National President SURJIT KAUR and the officers of the , National Governing Body. No doubt that your team is determined to Work Wonders to inspire all Inner Wheel members to do what is necessary to respond to the needs of others.
Your genuine concern for making a difference in people’s lives will be the strength that will carry you through these challenging times.
Cheers to all the Wonder Women of the Association of Inner Wheel Clubs of India, and praying that we all remain Strong Women as we create a Stronger World.
Health focus will be centered mainly on extending healthy life expectancy and ending gender-based violence.
Education focus can leverage on inclusiveness and quality education: improving female literacy rate expands their employment outcomes, decreases the number of early marriages and improves their health and well-being. Another field of action will be harnessing new technologies for digital gender equality and enhancing Science Technology Electronics Mathematics (STEM) studies for women.
Opportunity will focus on:
- Increasing women participation in labour force, helping them to get a job or starting a business;
- Recognizing and valuing unpaid care and domestic work by providing public services, infrastructures and social protection policies as nationally appropriate;
- Asking for wage equality;
- Striving for ending of occupational segregation.
Women empowerment can be done through:
- Ensuring women’s participation and equal opportunities for leadership at all levels of decision-making in political, economic and public life
- Encouraging women to take decisions on their own health care, own earnings and investments;
- Improving financial inclusion and economic awareness; Supporting women movements and leadership.
I trust in all and each of us to give our contribution to the promotion of women’ rights, to help women reach gender equality and to fill the gap, through True Friendship, encouraging the ideals of Personal Service and fostering International Understanding.
Thank you for your contribution.
In Inner Wheel and personal friendship
Ebe Panitteri Martines
International Inner Wheel President 2021-22