District Chairman / Deputy AC Member 2022-23
Mahananda Chandargi is a vibrant and ambitious person with humbleness and simplicity in approach. She is always believing in the motto of Inner Wheel Friendship and Service.
She born on 26th March at Kolhapur as an elder daughter of President Awardee ACP Late Y.B. Patil and late Smt.Kasturi. Mahananda exemplifies generosity, intellectuality, leadership and full of life from her parents
She is an achiever since her childhood. Leadership qualities right from school days, helped her to out sign in whatever she did. She was a good athletic as well as excellent in her academics. She graduated in M.Sc. Statistics and PGDCA from Karnataka University Dharwad.
She has keen interest in education. Started her own Mathematics tutorials for the children of Indian defence soldiers at Vijayapur. She has also conducted many seminars for rural students of 10th class. She has written many guidelines books on mathematics. Basic Algebra, Essential and Basic Trigonometry, Formula books, Mathematics examination tips for 10th class, Career guidance after 10th, know the basic maths and many more.
Inner Wheel Journey
Mahananda joined Inner wheel club of Bijapur in 2001 and served sincerely in all social projects. Her passion to serve the mankind, she became the club President in 2004. She served the club in all the capacities with the great dedication and commitment. In club level she did lot of work and got recognition in District. She adjudged as outstanding Club President and Best club ISO of Dist.317. She was the chairman of District Rally in 2006, which was hosted by IWC Bijapur. During her club literacy coordinator period, she had done a very excellent job. She had proved her club capacity on making First Happy school of District 317 which was inaugurated by honourable PIIW President Dr.Bina Vyas.She was appointed as District Zonal Literacy Coordinator for the year 2015-2018. She had encouraged the clubs for literacy projects under her zone and 15 happy schools were sponsored in her tenure. She had conducted many educational projects for her club. Maths Garden at Govt.School campus, summer camp for underprivileged children, Libraries, Smart classes, Science laboratories, Toilets and Water facilities at Govt.Schools. Lead the club in fund raising programs and major projects like free camp for deaf and dumb children and provided 100 Hearing Aid machines to under privileged children, cost of the project was Rs.15 lakhs. Conducted Free Prosthetic Limb camp. In 3 days camp, donated 28 artificial limbs, 10 calipers and 4 wheel chairs for the needy.
She entered the Disrict 317 EC in 2016-17 as District Editor.
- In 2016-17, As Dist. editor, she had designed and compiled the whole District Souvenir by herself and raised the highest fund in the history of D317 through advertisements.
- In 2017-18, as District ISO, she had taken Inter District Synergy Project Spandana with Dist. 303,313 and 314 at Paraplegic Rehabilitation Center of Indian Army at Pune.
- In West Zone Meet, held at Jalgaon, participated in fusion dance competition and bagged first prize. Participated in cultural program at Swarna Manjiri held at Varanasi
- In 2018-19 as a District Secretary, she compiled the District Resolution book from the year 2010
- In 2019-20 as District treasurer, received appreciation from Association Treasurer for sending the District dues earlier. Also worked for flood relief project.
- In 2020-21 as District ESO, successfully recreated 6 new clubs including 3 new gen clubs. It’s the highest number of new clubs formed in the history of District 317 till today.
- Attended the many Association and International Inner Wheel events.
- PROTSAHAN-Institute of District officer’s training Institute at Anand, Gujarat.
- Swarna Manjiri at Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh,
- West Zone meet at Jalgaon, Maharashtra and Goa.
- Multi District Rally at Amritsar.
- She was the voting delegate for IIW Convention held in Jaipur, India. Triennial Conference at Kolkata, Pune and Varanasi.
- She had attended South Asian Rally held at Mumbai.
Apart from Inner Wheel, she served the society in many fields.
- Founder and Charter President of Kalyan Nagar Mahila Sangh, Vijayapur
- Vice President of Sabala, NGO of International handicrafts, which is dedicated to the empowerment of women and children who are economically backward.
- Administrator of Chandargi Hospital, Vijayapur
- Secretary of Late Lingappa Chandargi Charitable Trust, Vijayapur
- Vice President of school development and managing committee of Govt. primary schools.
She is blessed with a happy family, husband Dr.Shivaprabhu Chandargi, Physician, Senior Consultant of DNB, Medicine and has running his own hospital. Happily blessed with two loving sons Dr.Chandan, Anaesthetist, daughter in law Dr.Kshama , Gynaecologist and younger son Nehal, Mechanical Engineer, pursuing his post-graduation in Canada
Her hobbies are travelling, Gardening and cooking. She travelled many beautiful places of India and also visited many countries of Europe, Australia, New Zealand and UAE.